Copper CNC Machining
Copper is one of the most popular metals used for building parts that demand high corrosion resistance and excellent electrical conductivity. However, pure copper is a little challenging to machine and requires specific expertise and experience. At Brogan & Patrick, we have been providing high-quality, high-precision copper parts for several years now. Our CNC machining expertise and commitment to quality have helped us build copper parts that assure several years of high performance.
Advantages of Copper CNC Machining
Copper CNC machining has been popular for several years now. Copper is machined to produce different small and large parts. The following properties of copper make it an ideal material for CNC machining
- Copper and its alloys are corrosion resistant, which makes them an ideal choice for applications in various industries where they are exposed to acids, saltwater sprays, and other corrosion-inducing factors.
- Copper is ductile and malleable by nature; however, alloying with elements such as zinc, silicon, tin, nickel, and aluminum improves its machinability.
- Copper is a good conductor of electricity and heat. It is non-sparking and non-magnetic, which makes it a common choice for making electrical connectors, semiconductor parts, and so on. The copper can be easily hot or soldered for creating effective connections.
- Copper parts can be created with a high level of repeatability. This helps us ensure they meet stringent application requirements and specifications.
- The parts made of copper and copper alloys stand high in terms of aesthetic appeal, which makes them an ideal choice for applications where aesthetics may be an important requirement.
Types of Copper Grades We Machine
At Brogan & Patrick, we work with various copper grades. The following are a few common grades that we regularly machine.
- Copper 101: It has become a common choice for various engineering applications owing to its features like high electrical and thermal conductivity, impact strength and ductility. High conductivity of copper 101 makes it ideal for making wire connectors, bus bars, and several electrical applications. Its high conductivity is attributed to high level of purity (99.99%). This purity also makes it a common base material for various bronze and brass alloys.
- Copper 110: This copper grade also offers high electrical and thermal conductivity due to its high purity of 99.99%. The grade is easy to machine, which makes it most popular among many OEMs.
Copper Machined Parts That We Produce Regularly
At Brogan & Patrick, we are passionate about materials and their properties. Our experts spend a lot of time understanding materials and their properties. They always combine their material understanding with specific CNC machining techniques to build parts that incorporate the best qualities of that material. The following are a few common copper machined parts delivered by us on a regular basis.
- Heat sinks
- Electrical components
- Instrument windings
- Motor components
- Plumbing components
You can get in touch
with our experts today to discuss your specific copper CNC machining requirements. Our experts would be happy to help you.