G10/FR4 Machining Services
Plastic is often used as a covering or insulator material for many electrical devices as it is a bad conductor of electricity. But, not all plastics can be used in this way. Only plastics with certain properties such as resistance to heat, vibration, and so on find applications in this segment. G10 and FR4 are high-pressure glass-reinforced industrial laminates made from glass fabric impregnated with epoxy resin. They are commonly used as insulating materials for electrical devices and some of these grades are certified by NEMA. The NEMA grades of FR4 are a fire-retardant grade of G10, and hence the latter can be replaced for such fire-sensitive applications including for components in a nuclear reactor, unless G10 is specified for use. Brogan & Patrick offers G10 FR4 machining services, and we machine several variants of these to offer you the required quality and specification of machined parts. Additionally, we offer cryogenic deburring for a fine finish of your parts.
Types of G10 FR4 Machining Services We Offer
In general, epoxy resins are strong materials and offer a great dimensional stability to a part or product. G10 FR4 is an electrical grade epoxy resin also has other beneficial properties mentioned above. While this material can be easily machined, achieving precision is a challenge however, we make it possible through our advanced machining capabilities.
Additionally, we offer tight tolerances as required and prototypes as well. Here are the G10 material machining services we offer:
- CNC Turning: We use various turning methods for G10 Garolite. We offer quick turn CNC turning especially for fixtures made of G10. We use several turning processes such as drilling, hexing, tapping, and so on.
- CNC Milling: We use various milling techniques for G10 Machining fixtures such as drilling, decking, slitting, slotting, and profiling. Based on the requirement, we also offer tapping, contouring, reaming, thread milling, and so on.
- Cryogenic deburring: We use advanced CNC machines with multiple axes which have cryogenic deburring feature. With this, we can effortlessly remove all the burrs, scratches, and so on effortlessly. Also, this can be achieved without disturbing the dimensional stability or any changes in the structure, shape, and size of the machined part.
Properties of G10/FR4 Material
G10 FR4 material is made by impregnating an electrical glass cloth with an electrical grade epoxy resin, and treating at certain heat and pressure. Here are some of the properties of this material, which make them popular among our industrial clients.
- G10/FR4 have a high mechanical strength and low water absorption capacity, and this is one reason they are used in electrical applications.
- G10/FR4 functions well in a wide temperature range without any changes to their mechanical strength and dimensional stability.
- The grade can be easily machined to the required size, shape, and dimensions.
- The material possesses excellent resistance against chemicals, abrasion, and heat; therefore, their wear and tear is relatively slow.
- G10/FR4 is also used in mechanical applications that demand excellent stiffness, strength, as well as creep resistance.
- The material possesses excellent flammability rating, and is UL listed.
Popular G10 FR4 Machined Parts
As mentioned, both these materials find applications in electrical as well as electronic segments. Here are some popular G10 FR4 machined parts or components:
- Electrical seals
- Fixtures and enclosures
- Terminal boards
Here are some of the industries where our G10 FR4 machined parts are used:
- Electrical Industry: G10 FR4 is widely used in the electrical industry for its excellent insulating properties and resistance to electrical arcs. It is an ideal material for manufacturing electrical insulators, circuit boards & components that require electrical insulation and stability.
- Oil and Gas Sector: In the demanding and often harsh environments of the oil and gas industry, G10 FR4 machined parts are valued for their resistance to corrosion, chemicals & extreme temperatures. They are used in the production and maintenance of equipment such as valves, gaskets and seals.
- Marine and Underwater Applications: The marine and underwater industry benefits from G10 FR4 due to its water-resistant properties, high strength and corrosion resistance. It is employed in the construction of marine components like shipboard electrical systems, underwater sensors & submersible equipment.
- Aerospace Industry: In aerospace applications, where lightweight and high-performance materials are essential, G10 FR4 stands out. It is utilized in aircraft components, including radomes, insulating materials and electrical connectors, ensuring reliability in the most demanding conditions.
- Semiconductor and Electronics: G10 FR4 is a staple in the semiconductor and electronics industry. It serves as a substrate material for printed circuit boards (PCBs), providing excellent electrical insulation and mechanical stability, vital for the performance of electronic devices and gadgets.
- Instrumentation: Precision and reliability are paramount in instrumentation. G10 FR4 machined parts find their way into instruments and equipment used for measurement, control, and analysis, where their dimensional stability and resistance to environmental factors are highly valued.
- Telecommunication: In the fast-paced world of telecommunications, G10 FR4 plays a crucial role in the construction of antennas, RF (radio frequency) components and communication infrastructure. Its electrical properties ensure signal integrity and durability.
Brogan & Patrick specializes in plastic parts machining and offer G10 FR4 material machining services. We are experts at offering end-to-end solutions and hence may be your go-to partner for all your G10 FR4 machining needs. Also, in case you want an estimated price, we offer you a quick quote. We are experts at customization, and can customize your machined part to suit your application requirement. All our G10 machining services are performed at our state-of-the-art facility, and we have invested significantly in technology as well as innovation. In case of any further questions or enquiries about our FR4 machining services, you can reach us on phone