Materials Used for Plastic Machining
At Brogan & Patrick Mfg.Corp., we understand that the quality and grade of plastic that is used for machining is equally important as the technique. We are capable of working with a wide range of superior grade plastics. This capability makes us the “one-stop-solution” for our customers’ needs.
Plastic material of small as well as large micron range can be machined effectively at our state-of-the-art facility. Let us have a look at the wide range of plastic materials that we can machine:
- Polyethylene: We make use of this plastic for machining and fabricating various standard and custom packaging products. Our groups of expert personnel have researched regarding the various density and branching configurations of polyethylene. This has given us the ability to machine this thermoplastic polymer with ease and efficiency.
- PEEK: PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone) needs to be worked on at wide range of temperatures. At Brogan & Patrick Mfg.Corp., we carefully monitor these temperatures while utilizing the high tensile strength of PEEK to fabricate items for various applications. These items are commonly used in elite fields like aerospace, medical, and automotive industry.
- PTFE: PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) might be a complicated-sounding polymer but we commonly know of it as Teflon. Brogan & Patrick Mfg.Corp. boasts of specialized techniques used for machining this low friction synthetic fluoropolymer. Our machined Teflon is in demand for various automobile, home décor, semiconductor, and pharmaceutical applications.
- Nylon: One of the most commonly used synthetic fabrics; nylon is machined at Brogan & Patrick Mfg.Corp. using sophisticated techniques. There are numerous configurations available of this polyamide and that is why it can be machined to fit different applications.
- Delrin: The chemical name of this compound is polyoxymethylene. We make use of this ingeniously engineered thermoplastic to machine plastics that have impeccable stability in terms of dimensions, very low friction rate, and immense stiffness. Right from locking systems to fasteners, and ball bearings, this thermoplastic is used extensively at Brogan & Patrick Mfg.Corp. for excellent product quality.
- Kapton: We specialize in the machining of this versatile polyimide. This type of plastic is used in large variety of applications ranging from aerospace to electronics. The good insulation property of this material makes it ideal to be used in photovoltaic and solar cells.
- ABS: ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) is machines at our facility to fabricate parts that can be used for various mechanical processes. Although very tough to fabricate, this material exhibits excellent resistance to high temperature.
At Brogan & Patrick Mfg.Corp., we not only machine these plastic materials, but also ensure that their strength and durability is enhanced so that they can serve your applications in a better way.