Mild Steel CNC Machining
Mild steel is one of the popular steel alloys used to produce parts for use in various industrial applications. Mild steel is easy to weld, machine, and assure high stiffness. Being a specialist in CNC machining, at Brogan & Patrick, we have been delivering high precision and accurate mild steel machined parts for several years now. Through a systematic approach at every stage of mild steel machined parts manufacturing, we have earned the trust and respect of clients from various industries.
Know About Mild Steel
Mild steel is a metal alloy that contains low carbon content, approximately 0.05–0.25%. The carbon content in the material adds to its strength and ductility. Most grades of mild steel are available as cold-formed or hot rolled to meet specific hardness requirements of the industrial applications. Mild steel, also known as plain-carbon steel and low-carbon steel, is popular for its mechanical properties.
Advantages of Mild Steel CNC Machining
Mild steel is one of the widely available materials with unmatched properties suitable for several general engineering applications. The following properties substantiate the increasing popularity and widespread use of mild steel CNC machining.
- Mild steel is flexible; hence can be machined and shaped easily.
- As opposed to higher carbon steels, mild steel is easy to shape, drill, weld and cut to required specifications.
- It has good resistance against breakage.
- Mild steel possesses good impact resistance.
- The steel is compatible with several finishing operations.
Following are the other properties of mild steel.
- Density: 7850 kg/m3
- Ultimate Tensile Strength: 400-550 MPa
- Yield Strength: 250 MPa
- Young’s Modulus of Elasticity: 200 GPa
- Brinell Hardness: 120 BHN
- Melting Point: 1450 °C
- Thermal Conductivity: 50 W/mK
- Heat Capacity: 510 J/g K
Grades of Mild Steel We Work With
At Brogan & Patrick, we have the experience, expertise and facilities required to produce mild steel machined parts to the exact specifications. To meet the customer expectations to the fullest in terms of quality, we choose the best grades of mild steel as follow:
- Mild Steel SAE1018: With a unique balance of toughness, and ductility, this grade of mild steel can withstand various machining processes like welding, forging, drilling, machining, cold drawing and heat treating. SAE 1018 is used to make several mild steel machined parts like shafts, spindles, pins, rods, and sprocket assemblies.
- Mild Steel AISE1045: It is a medium tensile low hardenability carbon steel grade suitable for making axles, bolts, forged connecting rods, crankshafts, torsion bars. Supplied as forged or normalized, mild steel AISE1045 is used for applications requiring more strength and wear resistance.
- Mild Steel A36: This grade of mild steel can withstand grinding, punching, tapping, drilling and machining for making H beam, I beam, U channel, steel angle, steel tubes, among others. It is one of the most popular hot-rolled steel alloys we use here at Brogan & Patrick to produce several types of mild steel machined parts.
Application of Mild Steel Machined Parts
Mild steel machined parts we produce here at Brogan & Patrick find immense applications across manufacturing, aerospace, medical, military, oil and gas and electronics industries, among others. A few of the parts that are created by machining mild steel include;
- Nuts and bolts
- Connecting rods
- Jigs and fixtures
- Pins, and chains
With an overall commitment to quality, precision workmanship, and on-time delivery, we at Brogan & Patrick assure great manufacturing experience. We offer optimum solutions for your mild steel machining requirements backed with innovative thinking and state-of-the-art technology. Feel free to get in touch
with our team to know more about mild steel CNC machining capabilities. Our experts would be happy to help you.